[c-nsp] Xconnect me3600x - asr920 stops receiving packets

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:22:30 EDT 2017

On 1 September 2017 at 14:37, Fredrik Lund <Fredrik.Lund at nc-spectrum.no> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey,

> I am facing a problem with Xconnect between ME3600X and ASR920 which suddenly stops receiving packets.
> A side(ME3600)x:
> VC statistics:
>     transit packet totals: receive 31, send 64
>     transit byte totals:   receive 6054, send 14364
>     transit packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0
>
> B side(ASR920):
> VC statistics:
>     transit packet totals: receive 0, send 54
>     transit byte totals:   receive 0, send 9169
>     transit packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0
>
> When I am doing mpls ping I can see that counters on B side is increasing. So I know that LDP is functioning
>
> When I force another output interface on xconnect on the me3600x it works, so it seems like it is something with lsp. But I can't figure out where. We don't use any MPLS TE in our net.
> When I do show mpls forwarding-table x.x.x.x on 3600x I don't see any hits on Bytes Label Switched.

Have you noticed any pattern such it happens after X time, X bytes, X
packets? Whats the longest/shortest it has lasted for? What is the
traffic you're putting over the xconnect?

Can you share the full config for each side and software versions of
the devices?

It's not clear to me which end "stops" the ASR920 or ME3600? Are you
sending traffic into the ME3600 and then "bytes/packets sent " stops
incrementing or is it the ASR920 that stops showing "bytes/packets
received" ?

Can you share the output from;
show mpls l2transport binding <VC ID>
show mpls l2transport vc <VC ID> detail
show int X/X (on access interface and core facing interface)
show mpls forwarding <label ID> detail

Do you see anything in the output of "show logging" when it happens,
or anything in the logs of any P/PE devices between the A and B end?

Cheers,
James.