[c-nsp] IP SLA tracking, static routes and OSPF announcements

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Apr 22 11:45:32 EDT 2018

Hey,

> We have a very strong policy to *NEVER* point a route towards just an
> supposedly-connected IP address, always use an interface along with it.

To reword the statement, do not enable route recursion unless you know
you need it. In IOS(-X[ER]) recursion is always on, in JunOS you need
'resolve' statement to turn it on.

And fully agree with your process. I'd venture as far as saying it's
the uncommon case to want recursion so it's incorrect default to have
it on.

--
  ++ytti