[c-nsp] [ASR9k - Satellite]

Laurent ldumont at northernsysadmin.com
Thu Apr 26 21:43:37 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I've been digging into this for a bit and I cannot find anything
concrete on this. We have several 9K platforms deployed with Satellites
(9kNV platforms). Those things are pretty awesome but the level of
visibility we have is somewhat limited in a couple of cases.

We had one specific incident where a specific log would have helped us
immensly into finding the issue quickly. It was only when I accessed the
NV itself that we could sort everything out. Could anyone point me to
the documentation/best practices for punting logs from the Satelitte to
either the 9K host or a remote syslog platform? I know that the
connectivity on the Satelitte itself is somewhat weird so it might have
some issues reaching an outside syslog server directly.

Thank you!