[c-nsp] Persistent Telnet/SSH

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:23:29 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Is anyone using persistent Telnet/SSH on their IOS-XE devices?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/asrswcfg/Console_Telnet_SSH_Handling.html#41157

I'm dubious about configuring it - what issues have people had that
have been helped by using this feature? I never have "process"
problems. Either a box completely crashes and restarts automatically,
freezes and locks-up so nothing is responding (not even the console)
and needs a hard power cycle, or it's having a forwarding problem but
IOS is still running so the console works as normal.

Is anyone using this - what scenario did it help you with?

Cheers,
James.