[c-nsp] One PE router, one customer, several sites

Christoffer Hansen cdh at nianet.dk
Wed Aug 8 03:57:13 EDT 2018

Hi Victor,

>From Victor Sudakov:
>If a customer has several separate sites each with Wifi, for example, will
>all these Wifi NETs go into the same VRF?

Yes.
That is how it is most often when as31027 have customer links coming in on the PE.
Customer locations will often be their own segmented broadcast domains. With their own gateways IPs.
L3 wise. It will more often than not be one big routed domain across SP core. (We rarely do L2VPN solutions (e.g. point-to-multipoint VPLS) because technical debt/legacy equipment not yet completely outphased from production)

Solutions tends to have centralized Internet outbreak(s)/Firewall(s) were traffic between VRFs (also out to Internet/WAN) will then be policed.

Christoffer