[c-nsp] One PE router, one customer, several sites

Christoffer Hansen cdh at nianet.dk
Wed Aug 8 04:02:08 EDT 2018

>From Christoffer:
>From Victor Sudakov:
>>If a customer has several separate sites each with Wifi, for example, will
>>all these Wifi NETs go into the same VRF?
>
>Yes.
>That is how it is most often when as31027 have customer links coming in on the PE.
>Customer locations will often be their own segmented broadcast domains. With their own gateways IPs.
>L3 wise. It will more often than not be one big routed domain across SP core. (We rarely do L2VPN solutions (e.g. point-to-multipoint VPLS) because technical debt/legacy equipment not yet completely outphased from production)
>
>Solutions tends to have centralized Internet outbreak(s)/Firewall(s) were traffic between VRFs (also out to Internet/WAN) will then be policed.

We have from time to time done solutions where  CPE equipment (spoke role) at customer sites ran the same private asn-no. With only the CPE equipment (hub sites) ran with a different asn-no(s). Still all in the same VRF.
Have the benefit of not needing import/export policies because of BGP loop prevention mechanicms kicking in and preventing spoke sites being able to speak with each other.

Christoffer