[c-nsp] Internet speed

Rasto Rickardt phobie at axfr.org
Wed Aug 15 04:22:24 EDT 2018

Well, it might depend of what customer experience is for their use-case.

If you have residential user with 1Gbit with 4 users behind wifi, i can
imagine more than 100Mbit/s will not alter their experience. Not way
less, 4 times 4K youtube video will eat around 80Mbit/s.

But if you have power soho/enterprise customer which is using the line
for offsite backups or file synchronization and is well aware of
limitation of underlying protocols and is able to use multiple
sessions(lanes) it might be a bit different here.

>From this point of view is speedtest.net providing best available
service. It runs on all of end-devices, can mimic end-user experience,
and network engineers did not come with anything remotely comparable :).

r.