[c-nsp] BGP Route Announcement

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 21:52:19 EST 2018

...you mean a floating-static to Null0 with a distance of 254?; especially when prefix-lengths are the same(what is in IGP and what is being advertised)so the internet doesn't burble if your IGP does?

Observations for OP:

1) As has been mentioned: please migrate to prefix-lists.
2)Looking at your posted-config:
a)There is *no* need to have a prefix-filter/distribute-list and a route-map in place for your upstream. Since you already have a route-map in place for inbound&outbound to your ISP; you can have your route-maps do everything for you.
b)There is Zero-Value in having *soft-reconfig-inbound* for your session with your ISP(this is 2018 and I dare say, every BGP speaker supports soft-reset in/out!

*soft-reconfig* makes sense on Customer-Sessions; if you are an ISP(so you can prove to customer "what-you-are-receiving" prior to any-modification by your router; to end the "This-is-Your-Problem" issue.

-Randy