[c-nsp] FIB insertion issues on Sup2T routers

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Wed Jan 3 18:58:42 EST 2018

Seems to be a bug in many versions of code, we've had it happen on
numerous sup2t devices, different random line cards and code versions
all the way from the original sup2t codetrain up until SY5.

It seems to MOSTLY happen on 6908XL modules that I can tell. One router
it happened after many years uptime. I suspect it's something going on
with BGP injections lately on the internet, most definitely not reaching
the capacity of the device but rather data contained inside could be
giving false positives (a bug!).

Upgraded to SY10 and haven't seen it since, but that doesn't mean it's
not still there.

Never had it happen on non-XL, and never had it happen on the
Superivisor 2t itself, only the line cards. Already pinged cisco about
it with no avail, even asked to simply put in a "if tcam exception
happens on a line card (and only that card), reboot that line card
automatically" option , but you know how they are.

Hoping that it was fixed in SY10+ (some caveats related to 6908 listed
there that are similar in nature to this)