[c-nsp] Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP)

Fernando Cardoso fcardoso at eem.pt
Thu Jan 11 04:40:09 EST 2018

Hi,

i'm trying to pass REP through a MPLS network. the two PE are me3600.
The configuration:

Me 3600 PE1:
interface GigabitEthernet0/xx
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 9216
service instance 100 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1-4094
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 100 symmetric
  l2protocol forward
  service-policy input ratelimit_200Mb
  xconnect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 100 encapsulation mpls

Me 3600 PE2:
 interface GigabitEthernet0/yy
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
switchport mode trunk
mtu 9216
service instance 100 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1-4094
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 100 symmetric
  l2protocol forward
  service-policy input ratelimit_200Mb
  xconnect yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 100 encapsulation mpls

I have no success the REP between CE´s  not working, I  tried with "l2protocol tunnel" but the problem persists...

The ios image used is "me360x-universal-mz.154-3.S2.bin"

Can see anything about this online, does anyone have this issue?

Best Regards