[c-nsp] ASR 901 MPLS issues

Jerry Bacon jerryb at startouch.com
Fri Jan 26 15:14:58 EST 2018

And it's Gert for the win! The key is that the pseudowire must be in
vlan mode on the ASR 901.

I was pretty sure the subinterfaces on the 6500 weren't a problem as I
have a lot of them set up that way. And the ASR 901 won't (at least in
this version of IOS) allow a rewrite on an xconnect service instance.

So I added this:

pseudowire-class vlan-mode
  encapsulation mpls
  interworking vlan

and made the service instance:

  service instance 1 ethernet
   description test1
   encapsulation dot1q 100
   xconnect 10.100.101.1 100 encapsulation mpls pw-class vlan-mode

and everything came up working.

(I had thought about that vlan mode, but the 6500 only has Ethernet or
IP as options, so I didn't think that was it.)

Thanks for your help.

--

Jerry Bacon
Senior Network Engineer