[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Jan 29 09:45:40 EST 2018

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018, Aaron Gould wrote:

> I'm just trying to learn about OTV as I haven't heard much about it...  is
> OTV an IETF standard ?

OTV is a Cisco proprietary protocol with some important design
considerations if you want to go in this direction.  This includes
things such as allocating a VDC for the OTV magic, and allocating a
port group (an ASIC) on one or more of your linecards to dedicate to that
VDC.  I think there are also some limitations on the types of linecards
you use for the OTV interconnection between VDCs.

jms