[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jan 29 14:07:50 EST 2018

I'm just trying to learn about OTV as I haven't heard much about it...  is
OTV an IETF standard ?

Also, I wonder why I would use one of these (EVPN, VX-LAN, OTV) over the
other ?  let me know if those 3 don't belong in the same comparison family.

I just watched a cisco video and see that the OVT AED (authoritative edge
device is only one, so I guess multi-active-active forwarders which EVPN
brags about can't be done in OTV ?)

Also, I see OTV is gre encaped, and I hear that vxlan is udp encaped, and
evpn, I forget, but I think is just eompls, so I guess vxlan or otv can be
done over non-mpls clouds ?...maybe these are things that would push
me/others in one direction or the other when choosing a l2-emulation
mechanism for DC or whatever we need it for.

- Aaron