[c-nsp] uBR10K PRE4-RP Version 12.2(33)SCG6 - PFX Crashes

Skyler Blumer skyler.blumer at zitomedia.com
Mon Mar 12 21:09:34 EDT 2018

Hello,

In the past two weeks, we've had 4 different UBR10Ks with PRE4s crash
for unknown reasons. They're all on 12.2(33)SCG6, and have been with no
issues for about two years. We didn't make any configuration changes, or
push any new features leading up to this, they just seemed to happen out
of nowhere.

I've attached running-configs and crash-logs from 3 of the CMTS'. Also I
managed, to get a 'show stack' from one of them because it has redundant
PREs and wasn't cold rebooted.

Some additional background - We contract with a third party for our
CMTS/Modem NMS that our CSRs use. It's mostly SNMP. based, but they do
have limited read-only ssh access to screen-scrap a few things. I only
say this because maybe they started using a different command that
exposed some bug. This is completely grasping at straws, but it's the
only thing I could think of that may have changed.

Anyway, has anyone had similar issues with this version of IOS or any
version with a PRE4 for that matter? Any experience with a show command
that crashed the PRE and if so what command was it? If anyone can find
anything significant from the logs/configs I attached that would be
amazing, I've been banging my head against this for the past couple weeks.