[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 93240YC-FX2 Switch

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Mon May 14 18:55:14 EDT 2018

On 5/14/2018 09:22, Nick Cutting wrote:
> This is an interesting looking switch.
>
> There does not seem to be any specific documentation outside of the hardware install and the generic nexus guide.
> I imagine there will be a little show on these and its buddies at cisco live.
>
> Does anyone know if like it's generation 1 brother the Nexus 9396PX Switch - doesit supports 1Gig Copper SFP?
> We did a few rollouts of that switch last year, and it did work with GLC-T's.
>
> This would be a great core switch for a small data center deployment - but 1 gig north border devices would often be copper. (ASA etc)
>
> mail/cisco-nsp/

According to the 1G Transceiver Compatibility Matrix, yes it supports 1G
in NX-OS mode.  GLC-SX-MM, GLC-T (1G only), GLC-TE (1G only), SFP-GE-T,
GLC-LH-SM, GLC-ZX-SMD, GLC-SX-MMD, GLC-LH-SMD, and GLC-EX-SMD.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html#_Toc513557472

(Disclaimer, I work for Cisco as an SE, but this is a public resource I
give out to customers which is maintained by BU folks, so can be taken
as official confirmation of support.)

Jeremy