[c-nsp] Nexus 7k Upgrade Path

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:41:26 EDT 2018

N7K ISSU “a long time ago” has evolved drastically.
I vaguely remember that 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2 code each had a scheduler re-write because things would get bungled up under load. I’m sure some of the TMEs on this list can comment.

I myself had a few issues moving from 5.1 to 5.2 — causing several outages from process interrupts allowing heartbeats to fail (loopguard, UDLD, etc).

Since moving all of my customers to 6.2+ — I’ve not seen ISSU oddities. YMMV, of course.

q.

quinn snyder | snyderq at gmail.com

-= sent via iphone. please excuse spelling, grammar, and brevity =-