[c-nsp] BGP DFZ convergence time - FIB programming

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:46:08 EDT 2018

Nicolas covered the RIB speed in the blog as well, and had varying results, but on average about 10s for today's full table.  The bottleneck in the operation is usually the advertising router, not the local router populating the RIB.  I don't think there was a test where the FIB took more than 30 seconds.

Thanks,
Phil

On 10/5/18, 3:26 AM, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Mark Tinka" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

    On 5/Oct/18 09:17, Robert Hass wrote:

    > Hi
    > I'm looking for share experiences regarding time needed to program full DFZ
    > table (710K IPv4 prefixes) on NCS 5500 boxes.
    >
    > Right now we testing competitors (Jericho based boxes) and results are not
    > impressive - time needed to program is aroud 2min 30sec up to 3min.
    >
    > How fast NCS 5500 is handing FIB programming ?

    I don't have any of these boxes (or chipsets) in my network, but out of
    curiosity, how long does it take to load the same routes in RIB,
    depending on if these are learned via iBGP (from a route reflector,
    likely) or via eBGP (from an upstream provider, for example)?

    Mark.