[c-nsp] What causes mac table relearning?

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Oct 17 17:32:08 EDT 2018

Hi,

     I have a network consisting of 3560g switches and I do not run
spanning tree in this network. I have noticed a symptom when a vlan
trunk interface goes down/up,  all mac addresses in the vlans carried by
that trunk also seem to be cleared at the same time. Im not just talking
the mac addresses on the port itself; rather, across the other switches
themselves , even for mac addresses that have no connection to the port
itself they just happen to be in one of the vlans. If I have missed
something fundamental I'd love to know but I am not aware of any lan
switching rules that would require this behavior.

Mike-