[c-nsp] l2tpv3 Issues on 6800/3800

Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN cisco-nsp at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Fri Sep 28 03:01:51 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018, at 03:38, Hari . wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> We are trying to extend the L2doamin for IP cloud (non-mpls), the
> intention was to use l2tpv3, but it doesn't seem to be supported in
> 6800/3850
> Anyone tried or can provide some guidance

Hi,

First things first : DON'T !
More precisely (for the impact) : https://www.packetmischief.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/failure-domain-atomic-bomb.jpg
.. and the related post : https://www.packetmischief.ca/2013/04/02/why-is-there-a-wrong-way-to-interconnect-datacenters/

That being sorted out, 6800 is a switch and should not be expected to do l2tpv3. Same for the 3850, if this is what you mean by "3800". You may try you luck with GREP (Ethernet over GRE), but support on 3850 is "variable" at best (starting with "not supported" - depending on OS version).

--
R.-A. Feurdean