[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Apr 30 11:02:38 EDT 2019

On 30/Apr/19 16:54, Robert Raszuk wrote:

> As you know Sprint made it very public that it has been offering L3VPN
> over IP (L2TPv3 encap) since 2006 or so.
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/multiprotocol-label-switching-mpls/prod_white_paper0900aecd803e55d7.pdf

I have an old and grey 7206-VXR in Mumbai on that tech. since 2012, so
not really lighting the airwaves :-).

> I am just not authorized to quote any other real customer names :) Nor
> I think it really matters that much as I doubt anyone could question
> IP forwarding robustness :)

Not in the least, no...

> SR-MPLS still uses MPLS ... so sure LDP is gone but data plane is
> still MPLS. And you still need to handle unsummarized MPLS SIDs.
>
> We are talking about just using vanilla IP transport for any service
> you like to offer.

I know... I was referring to tech. being pushed mostly by vendors
without a peep from operators. Perhaps they want to keep their
deployments a secret, who knows...

Mark.