[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Tue Apr 30 10:54:26 EDT 2019

As you know Sprint made it very public that it has been offering L3VPN over
IP (L2TPv3 encap) since 2006 or so.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/multiprotocol-label-switching-mpls/prod_white_paper0900aecd803e55d7.pdf

I am just not authorized to quote any other real customer names :) Nor I
think it really matters that much as I doubt anyone could question IP
forwarding robustness :)

SR-MPLS still uses MPLS ... so sure LDP is gone but data plane is still
MPLS. And you still need to handle unsummarized MPLS SIDs.

We are talking about just using vanilla IP transport for any service you
like to offer.