[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Apr 30 15:04:04 EDT 2019

On 30/Apr/19 20:45, Gert Doering wrote:

> But hey, the world is moving towards EVPN/VXLAN on cheap Broadcom
> gear, and vendors charging like $20k extra for MPLS forwarding on
> these boxes are pusing hard towards that goal...

I must be old and grey... we've never deployed VXLAN, and have no
interest in EVPN.

Granted, we've been mostly turning up customers that were traditionally
buying l2vpn and l3vpn services, as all of their business systems are
now hosted in some kind of cloud, which is all accessible for simple IP.

In our market, MPLS-based VPN's have been losing favour for the past 3
years or so.

In our core, not having to run BGP in the core is an excellent use-case
for MPLS.

Mark.