[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Apr 30 17:52:40 EDT 2019

Hey Robert,

Common you know better than me there are cases where TE is inevitable (to get that node-link protection over there, to move the PW out of the shortest path, to move one of the elephant flows from the overloaded leaf to spine link to another, etc... Sometimes “throwing more BW at the problem” isn’t the optimal (or most cost efficient) solution.

Yes I agree that MPLS has nothing to do with TE, hence I specifically avoided suggesting any technology or solution for getting me TE capability in IP :)

Remember when we used to do “no ip source-route” or “ip option ignore” …

adam