[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Tue Apr 30 18:03:04 EDT 2019

Hehe I somehow sensed you are going to say that .. and yes I hope I did not
sound like someone saying that TE all together is useless - after all I
still remember delivering TE tutorial in Nanogs :)

But as always we should at least try to aim to use rigth tools for the job.

So node-link protection - my take is use LFA. With SR and sparse topology
got for TI-LFA. Hope you meant such "TE" and not one hop RSVP-TE LSPs :)

To move flows out of the shortest path - oh yes - in fact I am deploying
one global project now with live-live which only requirement is that 2nd
live should not go over SPF path. And guess what - none of the TE code in
any vendor can do it ! Clearly I do not want to build two topologies as if
I would my primary live stream would get limited room.

So I am doing that with OTT TE ... if you like to know more ping me
offline. I am not sure if I can say in public what two software solutions I
am using for it :)

Moving elephants is indeed always fun ! Typically it started with TV
channels now there is more of those animals. Yes you need TE for that. Most
sexy of the day is SR .. but I would also consider Vector Routing if you
want to do that in control plane only.

Cheers,
R.