[c-nsp] Cisco 8000

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Dec 12 09:15:15 EST 2019

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 16:08, James Jun <james at towardex.com> wrote:

> 8000 is more or less "successor" to NCS 5500 than ASR9K.  But in all seriousness, 8000 seems like Cisco's counter-answer to Juniper QFX10K/PE chip.

Longer term goal is to cover edge too, it is run to completion NPU to
my best of knowledge (or 2-3 on ingress, 1 on egress, identical npus,
but different role/code, not entirely unlike Nokia FP4
pipeline-of-npus design, just way shorter pipeline than FP4).

Long tail of ASR9k is long (GSR is still supported) but I think Cisco
sees this silicon as eventually covering ASR9k portfolio, time will
tell.

--
  ++ytti