[c-nsp] ASR920 is a ticking timebomb (CSCvk35460)

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr bengelly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 02:19:44 EST 2019

You are absolutely right.

Worked quite extensively with those as RR / small MPLS-PE for colos, They were more than OJ.

For an entry-level box, it will perform all basic IP/MPLS stuff with very decent performance in an interesting form factor.

Maybe its’ little brother, CES would perform better but never tested it myself and certainely not for FTTH deployments/needs.

In any case, those boxes were interesting back in the days like you pointed out. Too bad Brocade didn’t invest more in them.

BR.