[c-nsp] (BGP) BFD on XR in vrf on sub-interface of bundle-ether interface

Hansen, Christoffer christoffer at netravnen.de
Sat Jun 29 10:40:21 EDT 2019

On 29/06/2019 05:13, David Hubbard wrote:
 > What platform are you on?

ASR9k

 > ran into numerous issues with XR + BFD on NCS5501-SE hardware; worked
 > with TAC and confirmed.  It's broken for bundle interfaces (gives an
 > error, won't take the config), broken for BGP (takes the config
 > without error but doesn't work), and broken if VRRP is in use.  It
 > will only work on a single physical link on that platform.  We
 > swapped out for Arista 7280's ultimately.

Got an off-list hint on what to do. Which got me going again.

BFD_MP_DOWNLOAD_NO_LC <-- Meant I forgot to turn on BFD for the
linecard.

Configured "bfd multipath include location ?/?/CPU?" did it.

Realised upon receiving hint. I had overlooked a section in the Cisco
configuration guide. Mentioning turning on BFD-per-linecard-basis
is mandatory. And BFD will not work if this step is forgotten. Yes,
I was able to configure everything. Just, it would not work and
got stuck with the previous error-code. Which I was challenged throwing
search engine magic after, finding useful information on.