[c-nsp] Upgrading to newer hardware from 7606..

James Jun james at towardex.com
Tue Mar 5 19:08:19 EST 2019

Hey,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 04:01:29PM -0500, Howard Leadmon wrote:

> and to plan for the future for a bit.?? I saw at one point the ASR9001
> looked like a nice option, but it looks like it's 32bit, and that could
> be an issue going forward with updates.

For considering greenfield deployments of ASR-9001, the product you're looking
for now is the ASR-9901.

There is a specific bundle/SKU called 'ASR-9901-120G', which only licenses 120Gbps
worth of bandwidth on the chassis, and prices it pretty much same as fully loaded
ASR-9001 ('loaded' as in ASR9001 configured with two 4x10G MPAs on top of built-in
4x10G ports).  It is the new replacement SKU for ASR-9001 customers to migrate to,
when EOS/EOL announcement comes up (soon I think).

James