[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun May 5 05:08:11 EDT 2019

On 4/May/19 17:17, Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN wrote:

> Meaningful, yes, unfortunately 100% not representative (they also do U2M communication over IPv6 whenever possible).
>
> What I was meaning a more "realistic" deployments. Facebook is one well-known example (and if my memory is good, LinkedIn is another). For each of them you can easily find (?? tens of ??) thousands of other much more "classic" deployments, with less than 100 racks (often down to 10 or even less) and no IPv6 on roadmap, not even at the last place. I was thinking at those guys - does any of them think of changing the status-quo ?

Well, that's not unlike asking my Enterprise customers what their IPv6
plans are.

The major CDN's, I know, have gone IPv6 (U2M). There are a bunch of
other not-so-well-known CDN's out there, and I don't know what their
IPv6 plans are, or if they've done anything in that regard.

For regular folk just running a couple of racks in a data centre, no
clue, really. But for some reason or other, for those kind, based on
experience I've seen globally, I'd err (with a bit of conjecturbation)
on the side of them being less interested in IPv6 at present.

Mark.