[c-nsp] Nexus 5k ISSU

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 00:24:20 EDT 2019

On n5k — when designed appropriately — I’ve not had an issue with ISSU.  The process is actually pretty stable.  This means adhering to design guides for things like bridge-assurance, STP, etc.

N7K was a rockier experience (when I was in the field).  5.0 -> 5.1 -> 5.2 transitions were rough — due to scheduler rebuilds with each release.  Many things broke.
I can’t think of any of my customers today running vPC on n7k — as most of them have moved to either ACI or VXLAN-EVPN — so I don’t have any anecdotes from the field.

q.

—
Quinn Snyder | snyderq at gmail.com

-= Sent via iPad.  Please excuse grammar, spelling, and brevity =-