[c-nsp] Cisco 4000 series (4461) as a BGP router?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Thu Oct 31 07:30:07 EDT 2019

On 29/10/2019 11:41, Saku Ytti wrote:
> I hear a lot of people buying MX204 for 15k and less, when they buy a
> single unit, unsure if loss leader to get people to try JNPR.

When I last looked at this, several years ago, the cost of support for
the Juniper MX (in this case, MX480) was ridiculous next to the cost of
the hardware. It amounted to paying a lunatic amount for the hardware,
but with a deposit and three instalments.

Hence, I bought ASR9k instead. Overall it was cheaper. The TCO of the
204 might be better; that wasn't available at the time.

--
Tom