[c-nsp] Cisco 4000 series (4461) as a BGP router?

Ivan Walker ivan at itpro.co.nz
Thu Oct 31 14:16:54 EDT 2019

Lukasz,

> That’s true of course. 9901 would be better entry-level choice with
> years in front of it.

I find that the 9901 being entry level is quite high.  There is the 120Gbps
license but the device itself is quite heavy and large and the power
consumption more than the 9001.  I think the success of the ASR920 shows
that small size and low power usage are highly valued.

I would love to see a smaller option - just a single NPU, maybe 1RU, and
half the power usage.  This would give a much more fitting entry level
model and allow users to push out the ASR99xx 64bit xr model to smaller
sites where the ASR9901 is just too big .

Thanks

Ivan