[c-nsp] RSVP-TE was (no subject)

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Apr 8 04:54:32 EDT 2020

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 10:46, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> Use RSVP-TE for traffic-engineering -i.e. steering traffic across the core
> and not for QOS (RSVP-TE "QOS" aka Int-Serv is crazy complex).
> Use standard simple QOS aka Diff-Serv to enforce quality of service in the
> core.

+1

IGP - topology represents goal, this is where my customers are
happiest (IGP shouldn't be used to TE or QOS, it is the desired
topology, which is only changed if desired/ideal topology changes)
RSVP-TE - adjusts that goal to fit realities (delay in upgrade,
business driver precludes SPT upgrade now) ==> offSPT is capacity
report, here we need capacity but do not now have
QOS - to discriminate and protect higher priority traffic over lower
and to control queueing delay

--
  ++ytti