[c-nsp] [External] SDx open standard?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Apr 8 07:46:57 EDT 2020

On 26/Mar/20 19:41, Aaron Gould wrote:
> Perhaps that, and also, I think they may be substituting that term "mef" for
> "ce" more recently.  ....perhaps to imply that its capabilities are now
> beyond the "metro" and extend into "carrier" space and beyond.  Trying to
> make some educated guesses/recollections.

Think of MEF in 2020 compared to 2007, the same way these company's
names evolved:

  * CVS (formerly Consumer Value Stores).
  * MAC (formerly Make-up Art Cosmetics).
  * GEICO (formerly Government Employees Insurance Company).
  * AT&T (formerly American Telephonoe & Telegraph).
  * Eskom (formerly a combination of ESCOM [Electricity Supply
    Commission] + EVKOM [Elektrisiteitsvoorsieningskommissie]).

Mark.