[c-nsp] [External] SDx open standard?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 9 07:31:07 EDT 2020

On 9/Apr/20 13:26, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> Well one could take a view as: let's say LSO is baked into ONAP which is based on ECOMP therefore at&t is making some use of LSO in one way or the other (or anyone using ONAP for that matter).
> Obviously the reality is much more complicated and we can be asking variety of questions like, what percentage of all their incarnation of ECOMP/ONAP APIs align with the standard? Do their intra-provider APIs align more with LSO than their inter-provider APIs? etc...

We very well could (be asking a variety of questions)...

> Yeah that's a good question. Amazon/Google/Microsoft... if one of them adopts the rest would need to follow.

Except that much of the "automation" inertia the industry has been
getting over the past decade is from the little breadcrumbs they choose
to feed us, the commoners, with :-).

They are already highly automated, each for their own unique businesses.
I find it hard that they will be interested in standardizing much of
that, beyond a front-end. But, I could be wrong...

Mark.