[c-nsp] [External] SDx open standard?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Apr 9 05:35:19 EDT 2020

It's not an on/off switch, but more like a gradual evolution towards LSO (as it's being standardized at the same time).
It's never a green field deployment, there's a whole host of existing automation infrastructure & OSS/BSS systems that are being and have been evolved/maintained on a business as usual (BAU) bases and everybody using custom APIs to everyone else - now what LSO is aiming for is the synergy in this space across multiple operators -a common API language and base functionality to slowly evolve towards.
So the correct question to ask would be what level or percentage of LSO synergy do particular two entities have among themselves.

But I seem to recall seeing some mention of LSO trials in some MEF newsletter (maybe Verizon? or att? can't recall)...

> I know many carriers that are behind developing and supporting the spec.,
> but don't know who is actually using it in practice, particularly with a bunch of
> enterprise infrastructure moving to some kind of public cloud.

It covers the "cloud" part as well...

adam