[c-nsp] EVPN/VXLAN on ASR9001 - BGP announcements not working

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Wed Apr 29 12:23:33 EDT 2020

Hi,

>> Oh, the joy of ASR9k… I'm so glad we have chosen another platform.
>
> I think this is a bit unfair, of course vendors drop support to older
> platforms.

Oh, I'm not commenting on something not being supported on older hardware. That's totally understandable. What does annoy me is the lack of documentation, the CLI accepting commands that aren't implemented without warning and stuff like that. That combined with the whole mess with "your PSU and fan tray are not compatible with the 64-bit OS a few years ago" makes me avoid the platform.

Cheers,
Sander