[c-nsp] LSR platforms

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Dec 11 04:15:19 EST 2020

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 11:02, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> I'm hesitant to recommend Broadcom based platform (NCS5k/Arista/ACX) for platform certification testing in a worry that it will bite us in a long run, though less so for a P role (as opposed to PE role).

You will struggle to use data to state why Broadcom has fundamentally
different risk profile than Spitfire and BT/paradise. Now I understand
for Cisco, clearly their focus will be Spitfire going forward. But
that argument can't be used to discriminate against Arista. Jericho
and Spitfire were literally designed under the same leadership.

--
  ++ytti