[c-nsp] bgp update wait-install - RIB/FIB inconsistency

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Feb 28 03:44:06 EST 2020

On 26/Feb/20 15:13, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> Hi Marcin,
> There was a thread on the topic of slow FIB  download/upload on this forum
> some time back.
>
> Yes BGP will advertise the best path regardless of the FIB state by default.
> I'd recommend enabling it. (though subject to testing on your code version
> as always)

So our ASR9001's have reached their end of their usefulness.

We had 5 running peering, and 3 of them were struggling with local BGP
updates, CPU handling of the BGP process, slow convergence, e.t.c.

Swapped those out with MX204's recently, and the remaining 2 are to be
done in about a month or so.

We've sent them to same place we sent our MX80's and MX104's. They're done.

Hopefully, these will be the last non-x86 boxes we ever see these
vendors pushing out :-).

Mark.