[c-nsp] bgp update wait-install - RIB/FIB inconsistency

Marcin Kurek md.kurek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 08:18:56 EST 2020

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still in doubt though.

If we look here for example:

https://xrdocs.io/ncs5500/tutorials/ncs5500-fib-programming-speed/

we see that BGP programming speed is always faster than FIB programming
speed.

If best path is advertised regardless of the FIB state by default, this
would always mean a potential for longer/shorter blackhole...

Thanks,
Marcin