[c-nsp] Cisco NCS VxLAN Experience

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Fri Jan 10 09:35:36 EST 2020

Hi,

> I do have *null* understanding for "we have cisco proprietary protocols that
> our customers are actively using (HSRP, EIGRP) but we do not support this on
> <arbitrary product> because we can, buy something else!" (EIGRP on IOS XR
> on NCS5k, HSRPv2 with IPv6 on ASR920).

Together with the fact that these limitations are not documented or known to sales engineers.
Which forces customers remove the proprietary protocols from the network to make them work.
So no more vendor lock in , opening the door for real competition.
And the question of
Both boxes are  "insert your Broadcom chip here"  based, why should I pay x times more for the same features?

Have not been able to figure that one out

Brian