[c-nsp] 10/25 interface behavior

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Jan 28 09:37:06 EST 2020

Hello,

I was recently dealing with some Dell OS10 Enterprise switches that have 10/25 SFP28 interfaces.

When you change the configuration of a group of 4 ports from 25G to 10G the interface names all change from ethernet1/1/1 to ethernet1/1/1:1 for no real reason whatsoever.

I understand that these port-groups are actually just a single 100G port but it seems sort of senseless to change the port names in the API, CLI and in SNMP since its really not required.

Is this the norm for the Cisco 10/25 switches as well? I don't have any to test with at the moment.

Thanks,
-Drew