[c-nsp] 10/25 interface behavior

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:49:37 EST 2020

> Is this the norm for the Cisco 10/25 switches as well? I don't have any to
> test with at the moment.
>
> Cisco 3850's have some 1/10 uplink module ports that are identified as
Gigabit or TenGigabit based on the configuration.  However, both types of
interfaces always exist logically, they just don't get used until you
configure/use the physical port one way or the other.  On the other hand, I
have played with a number of 1/10/25 and 40/100 interfaces on the Nexus
line and the name and internal references remain the same regardless of the
configured use.

_Nathan