[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:28:28 EDT 2020

The PTX 5000 was the original PTX.  The 1st/2nd generation FPCs didn't have much FIB capacity, like 128k routes which was well below an Internet table in 2014.  The 3rd gen is where they started supporting up to 1M+ v4 prefixes.   The CSE2000 was the external appliance.

Thanks,
Phil

On 7/13/20, 5:25 PM, "Mark Tinka" <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:

    On 13/Jul/20 21:51, Phil Bedard wrote:
    > The initial iteration of the PTX couldn't.  It was really just meant as an LSR with relatively low FIB  scale, couldn't do Netflow (remember the external server to do it?), etc.  That quickly pivoted to something more capable.   Juniper sort of positioned the initial version as a route reflector since that was one of the other things it could do due to selective FIB install.

    The PTX1000?

    I somewhat recall the PTX5000 launching first, and then the smaller
    variants following. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

    Mark.