[c-nsp] Cisco N540-ACC-SYS ipv4 routes

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Jul 14 00:52:40 EDT 2020

On 14/Jul/20 04:28, Phil Bedard wrote:
> The PTX 5000 was the original PTX.  The 1st/2nd generation FPCs didn't have much FIB capacity, like 128k routes which was well below an Internet table in 2014.  The 3rd gen is where they started supporting up to 1M+ v4 prefixes.

Yes, this is what I remember also. But if you look at the PTX1000, you
don't have that problem from when it went into inception.

Granted, one could say Juniper made the assumption that most MPLS-based
networks would run a BGP-free core, and in theory, there were right.
What they didn't account was that 6PE was one of those "temporary
becomes permanent" situations.

>    The CSE2000 was the external appliance.

Personally, I've never felt running Netflow on core routers is ideal,
particularly if you are a BGP-free core network, and if your collector
isn't that great at grabbing flow data from MPLS frames.

Mark.