[c-nsp] Rehosting a perpetual CSR1000V license

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue Jul 21 13:42:29 EDT 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 01:23:12PM -0400, Aaron wrote:
> I'm gonna hate when Flash is EOL. We have servers that use that GUI thing.
> I agree, I hate it too.
> I don't want to throw out a decent server just because flash no longer
> works. I hope Adobe don't have a programmed kill switch.

Supposedly they do in the latest versions. And on a computer I've kept
back in versions that I regularly use, it keeps trying to update its'
flash to the latest version every hour. :-(

Since we currently have well over 100 devices and things needing Flash
for management, and I'm sure there are lots of people in the same
boat. Many of them have no path forward for a non-flash solution. Many to date
don't yet have a non-flash version even available, just promised for the "future"..
And with about 5 months left to the kill switch date....

I'm sure somebody will be developing some packaged solution around old
versions of browsers/flash module/firewall rules to allow us to continue to do management.
Its happened in the past (ie. Java applet versions and browsers that worked together).