[c-nsp] ASR1001X additional EBGP peer

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Mar 9 01:42:33 EDT 2020

On 8/Mar/20 15:34, james list wrote:

> If you see the output provided we run one ebgp (full routing) and then we
> have three ibpg (full routing).
> We need to add one egbp due to high bandwidth needed and since we want to
> use ibgp only in case of wan faults.

It would be good to track how much memory you're currently using for all
the sessions you have so far. Is this something you're graphing?

> Can I run bgp multipath only on ebgp session?

BGP Multi-Path is supported both on eBGP and iBGP sessions.

> We decided to add a link with the same carrier and we are aware we will not
> reach 50/50 balancing.

If you are going to multi-home to the same carrier, then there are
better chances of load balancing depending on how much more complex you
want to set yourself up. However, what you gain in extra load balancing,
you lose in outright resiliency, as you're still putting all your eggs
in one basket.

> What about RAM memory? Don t you see any issue?

Not immediately, but check your memory utilization graphs as at now. If
you aren't doing that, just run a simple "sh processes memory platform".

Mark.