[c-nsp] bgp update wait-install - RIB/FIB inconsistency

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Mar 9 15:20:11 EDT 2020

Hi Marcin,

Well yes you’re right, hence the path in form of a “update wait-install” feature,

Though the best remedy to this slow FIB programming problem is to maintain the FIB entries no matter what,

Opt1 Having two sessions on a single box in case one fails the other will keep the FIB entries in place -just NH changes would follow -which in todays hierarchical FIBs is a single pointer change operation.

Opt2 “advertise best external” feature so in case you have a box with just a single eBGP session it learns prefixes via iBGP from some other border node with the “advertise best external” feature enabled.

adam