[c-nsp] EOBC0/0 ifInErrors

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Mon Oct 12 15:11:40 EDT 2020

12.10.2020 23:12, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Eugene Grosbein wrote on 12/10/2020 10:07:
>> Forgot show show that moment:
>>
>> http://www.grosbein.net/cisco/eobc0_0-inc.png
>>
>> Both graps show same value, upper graph shows maximum over an hour, lower (blue) is an average over an hour.
>>
>>> Today at 12:16 another one (now inactive) RSP module was ejected physically and error rate decreases again but not ceased:
>>>
>>> http://www.grosbein.net/cisco/eobc0_0-day2.png
>>>
>>> What does it mean?
>
> if errs-in matches runts-in, then this may be a backplane failure.  You need to get an opinion from TAC on this.

I'm not sure how and where I can get counters for errs-in/runts-in of EOBC0/0.

Also, I have another similar 7606 box with two excactly same RSP modules and its SNMP counters for EOBC0/0 show very similar picture.
I doubt this is hardware failure because both routers experience no other visible problems while forming core of the network and carrying its traffic.

We have no active support contract.