[c-nsp] XR6 process conflicts

James Bensley jwbensley+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 05:25:13 EDT 2020

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 10:22, nivalMcNd d <nivalmcnd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Nival,

Can I ask, as you seem disappointed by what you have found; what were
you hoping to find? XR is a proprietary product, the design of which
has had almost zero input from the majority of its users.

In your specific case/example; if I have a PE with a single physical
interface connected to some 3rd party wholesale Ethernet NNI, with 500
sub-interfaces, each running OSPF to a remote CPE; if the physical
interface goes down I don't need 500 SNMP traps or syslog messages to
tell me that all 500 OSPF sessions are down. There are two sides to
every coin.

Cheers,
James.